When my family was here, I was showing my aunts the garden. Of course, Cooper and Bennett came to join us and started grabbing fist-fulls of dirt to carry across the yard and dump in their water table. This made some great muddy fun. However, I had just planted corn seeds and was worried that they were messing up my row.
Vicki felt bad for the little cuties and insisted that they need a sandbox to play in. I completely agree. They love dirt. But they also love throwing dirt outside of wherever it is supposed to be. (If it is in the garden, they throw it onto the grass or water table, etc). Because of this, I am worried that I will end up with a lot of sand on the grass and none in the actual box. Vicki is so loving and thoughtful that she gave us money to purchase a sandbox for the boys anyway and she wanted us to send her pictures of the boys using it. Since I haven't decided how to solve the problem of keeping sand/dirt in the box yet, their "sandbox" is going to be a pool for a while. They love this just as much and I am very grateful they have an aunt that knows how to take care of her nephews. Thank you, Vicki! You are amazing!
Bennett enjoying the water while Jason is still filling it up.
Naturally he had to sample some of the water. (No, we did not teach him how to do this)
Cooper took one step into the pool and then wanted to get out again because the water was so cold. He really enjoyed splashing and playing with toys from the side though.
After a while I decided the boys needed to get their swim trunks on. And Cooper decided to be brave and get in the freezing water.
He thought it was great fun to grab handfuls of water and dump them on Daddy's head. Bennett quickly joined in the fun (blue trunks).
I love that the pool is shallow enough the boys can climb in and out by themselves.
I love the tiny hand and foot prints left after getting out of the pool. :)
Oh my heavens they are cute! I love them.
ReplyDelete