The first weekend in May the Webre Girls spent a weekend in Boise. Why Boise, you ask? Because it's halfway between Brigham City, UT and Tricities, WA. It was cold and wet, but so fun to get away and spend time with the girls!
Our first stop was the Boise Riverwalk. Because of all the rain and snow they have been having, it was super flooded, so our walk was cut short.
We then went out for dinner and headed back to our AirBnB for games. Let me tell you, our AirBnB was NOT what we expected at all. It was my first time at an AirBnB, so maybe this is more normal that I thought, but I was expecting an apartment that someone just rents out to make some money. I didn't expect someone to actually be LIVING in the apartment. She was just out of town while we were there. Her personal stuff was all over the place, including her life goals written on her mirror. Jill and I were actually sleeping on her personal bed. It weirded me out. I kind of wish I took pictures of the apartment so I could show you. Oh well. It served it's purpose as somewhere for us to eat and sleep. Anyway, back to the games:
The next day we headed out on a shopping trip in the morning, came back for lunch, and left again for more shopping.
Marie's car has had a nail in it's back tire for a few months now. The tire shop she took it to told her that because she has all-wheel drive, if she replaces on tire she has to replace all four. Since she didn't want to do that, they said as long as the nail stayed in the tire, she should be fine to drive on it. So she has for a few months with no problems, just refilling with air periodically. Well, we forgot to check the tire before heading out that morning for our shopping trip. As soon as we got going we heard very loud thudding sounds. We pulled into a gas station and discovered that her tire was completely flat. Luckily Jill has AAA so they came to change the tire for us, but took an hour to get there. So Jill and Jenny walked back to the apartment to pick up Jill's car and off we went to go shopping. They changed the tire, we took the car to Costco, and Marie got all new tires. Then we were good to go!
We also headed out to Hidden Springs to check out a Parade of Homes house that Brighton Homes designed. Evan (Heather's husband) worked for them while living in Boise so Heather really wanted to check it out. It was BEAUTIFUL! And I fell in love with Hidden Springs. I have decided that if we ever move to the Boise area, THAT is where I want to live.
Our shopping spoils.
Sunday we attended a 9 o'clock Sacrament meeting and then headed back to Utah.







No comments:
Post a Comment