Tessa asked for her fingernails to be painted for the first time on November 14 and since she doesn't shove her fingers in her mouth anymore, I figured she was old enough. She loved them, for the day it lasted. Then she started picking at the polish.
First date night in months! My mom and Gerry were kind enough to watch the kids one evening while they were here so we could go out. We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse (because I have been craving their rolls for MONTHS)...
... and then went washer/dryer shopping. Super exciting (haha) but needed. We found some that we liked and even ordered them to be delivered then realized that they were too deep for our space. Not only that, but any semi-decent set would be too deep. So until we move to a different house (in about 5 years) we will be stuck with our current washer and dryer. :(
Playing at the park on a chilly morning. There were still ice chunks on the slides!
Pizza dinner
Cooper
Although it appears that Bennett in giving piano lessons, he is in fact yelling at his siblings to keep their hands off the piano so that HE can play it. Haha.
The last two years, as soon as the tree goes up the boys rush downstairs to their toys and select a few to wrap up and put under the tree for Jason and me. They hide in their room while they wrap them themselves and then stick them under the tree. It is probably my favorite new tradition and I hope they keep doing it. Since I was not allowed in the room while they were wrapping (until the present was sufficiently concealed) I honestly have no idea which toys they picked. I will have at least one surprise gift under the tree this year. :)
(Bennett pictured)
The small on is Jason's and the big one is mine.
She just looked so cute and peaceful while sleeping at G&G Webre's house.
I had put the tree up before Thanksgiving but waited until after we got back from Brigham City after Thanksgiving to decorate it. I always like to take a picture of the tree right after I am done as proof that at some point it looked good before the kids destroy it. Now that they are older, they know not to touch it, but flying toys still end up in there occasionally that need to be rescued.
The kids dancing to Christmas music one night. They were so cute I had to post a video of each of them. They reminded me of a video that I have of when I was their age dancing to music before bedtime. I love it.
Cooper
Bennett
Tessa
Went to check on Tessa one night and found this:
That is one way to ensure you don't lose your snuggle blanket during the night.
Look, Mom! I can fit in the cooler!
My kids have loved technology lately. (They do have a daily time limit). If I include part of the Christmas tree into the picture then it becomes festive though, right???
One day during quiet time Bennett asked if he could read the scriptures. (They are allowed to read quietly in their rooms while Tessa naps and I eat my lunch.) I, of course, told him yes then suggested that he look for sight words. He eagerly flipped through the pages find all of the "the"s.
Cooper thought it was a great idea and followed suit.
Since we are completing our family this year, I thought it was time to make coordinating stockings. I love how they turned out. Now I just need to learn how to embroider our names on them (and I don't think it should be too hard thanks to Pinterest)
We discovered quite a lot of missing things thrown up on the ledge in our bedroom. So we sent Cooper up to collect them all.
He thought it was pretty awesome.





















No comments:
Post a Comment