Eagle Mountain hosted a Beat the Heat Bonanza that involved a ton of inflatable slides and water activities. Since it was at Nolen Park we had to check it out for a little bit even though it was SO HOT. (I guess that was the point, huh?)
The kids wanted to go down the highest slide possible as soon as we got there. We talked them out of that one and opted for the second tallest slide. As soon as they got up there, Cooper and Tessa chickened out. They were up there for a while before Cooper decided to just climb back down the ladder. Tessa never did though so I thought she was getting brave. But she never slid down either. So I asked if I could climb up to get her. When I made it to the very top I couldn't find her anywhere. I looked down the slide to see if she ended up being brave and instead I found a little girl clinging for dear life to the rope at the edge of the slide saying "I don't want to do this, I don't want to do this." Luckily she was still near the top of the slide (instead of part way down) so I could just pull her back up. Silly kids. We TRIED to warn you.
The third tallest slide seemed more manageable, but even then, Jason had to climb up there and push all three of them down. They are normally fearless when it comes to slides, but I think the water at the bottom scared them.
We opted for the smaller slides from then on out.
None of the slides excited them enough to want to do them again, so we were going to call it but then they saw the bumper boats and just HAD to wait in the super long line to ride them.
They had a blast. And for the first time that day they asked if they could do it again. Lucky for me, they had already closed the line (it was so hot I was ready to go home).
Bennett took bumping into his brother as very serious business. Haha.
Tessa was all smiles for most of the time, then at the end she started turning in circles and started crying "I'm done! I'm done!" I don't know what happened, but I did end up pulling her out and we headed to the foam pit.
The foam pit was a hit as well.
My bubbly, cold kids. (There was a breeze so even though it was super hot outside, it was cold if you were wet.)
As we were leaving the fire truck started spraying water on the crowd. Jason took Bennett and Tessa to go play while Cooper, Milo, and I headed home.
I love this city that we live in and all the fun {free} activities it provides.














No comments:
Post a Comment