Thursday, August 16, 2018

Hidden Hollow Open House

The boys' new school had an open house so they could meet their teachers and get familiar with their new classrooms. Even though I had requested to have the boys in the same class, they ended up putting them in separate classes. The boys seem to be 100% okay with this though. And really I had chosen to keep them together for selfish reasons (easier to keep track of homework and such), so it wasn't too big of deal when they decided to separate them. Plus I am sure it is much easier for their teachers to tell them apart this way. Their teachers also assured me that they assign the same homework so I don't have to worry about that.

We found Cooper's classroom first so we started there.

Cooper has Mrs. Brun (pronounced "broon")

They had scavenger hunts for the kids at the door so they could find the important things in the classroom.

Cooper found his desk

And his cubby

He also had to locate the bathroom and practice turning the water on and off, find his "mailbox" where all his assignments go, and various other things.

Then we moved onto Bennett's class.

His teacher is Miss Nielson.

His desk. (His name is located at the back of his chair instead of on the desk itself.)

His cubby

Found his name on the wall. (I think this is so they could keep track of who went to the open house. They were supposed to remove it when they found it.)

He got to put his thumb print on the the tree. His is actually the one directly above his finger on the end of the branch.

On the way out to the car the kids wanted to meet the school mascot. I asked Tessa if she wanted to stand by the bee too and she acted super shy, so I just took a picture of the boys.

Then as we were walking away she burst into tears because apparently she DID want to stand by him. So we had to go back. She acted super shy again and would not look up. Whatever, silly girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment