Friday, December 19, 2014

Baby Girl Update

I just had another ultrasound done this week and I got to see Baby Girl in 3D! It was completely unexpected because I was just going in to make sure that my cervix is still nice and long to minimize chances of preterm labor, which it is. (TMI? perhaps. Sorry). But she is growing GREAT! She has been measuring consistently about 6 days ahead of her due date at the previous ultrasounds, but this ultrasound she is measuring a whopping 10 days ahead of schedule! Go Baby Girl! Her weight is estimated at 3 lbs. 3 oz. already. I might have a chunky newborn this time around. What a concept! (The boys were only 4 lbs. 3 oz and 5 lbs. when they were born. Definitely on the small side.)

She is VERY active at this point. It seems like I feel her constantly and she is STRONG.   I have been able to feel her move since at least week 16. But I think I felt her a little even before that. This is especially surprising since her placenta is right underneath my belly-button. Normally when the placenta is in the front, it takes longer for you to feel the baby because the placenta cushions the movement. So that just shows you how active and strong she really is. I have had no problems feeling her. She must have some spunk.

 I am loving all the motion right now, but I am curious to see what that means for when she comes out. I am hoping that if she plays hard, she will also sleep hard and give her poor momma a break. Especially since I will still have to keep up with her two older brothers who are currently in their Terrible Twos and some days give me a run for my money.

Here she is in all her cute glory:
Her hand was blocking her face, hence the weird looking thing going across the right side of her face. You can see her left hand up on her head as well.

And this {obviously} is her foot. It looks like she is going to have long toes like her momma.


Here are her fingers. If you look closely, you can see that they are resting on her nose.

 And this was my favorite non-3D picture that we got. She was waving at us with her fingers fully spread apart

I love this girl already and cannot wait to see her in person!

*I apologize for the pictures of pictures. I do have a scanner, but that would have been more time consuming and I am not patient enough.*

No comments:

Post a Comment