Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 2018

My cute boys all ready for church. (Cooper left, Bennett right)

The boys have been really into doing my hair lately. I love having my hair played with so it is a win-win for all of us.

Cooper putting the final touch on his masterpiece. (Picture courtesy of Bennett.)

The silly artist and his masterpiece.

Bennett's masterpiece

He insisted he needed a top angle as well.

I was trying to take a nap and these two cuties decided to climb into bed with me. They were giggling and having a grand time. A nap didn't happen that day...

This is definitely a favorite book at our house. It has a bunch of different things on each page (like locations, modes of transportation, houses, pets, etc) and you can choose which one you would like to have. It makes for fun conversation starters.

Cooper

Jason and his cute breakfast date. If the kids wake up between 7 and 7:30 they get to have breakfast with Daddy before he leaves for work. If they wake up after he leaves then they get to wait until Mommy is ready to get out of bed.

While my mom was in town we were able to go on a date and use our Texas Roadhouse gift card my dad gave us for Christmas. It was DELICIOUS! And our waitress hooked us up with extra rolls and honey butter to go. She was pregnant too and could totally relate to my pregnancy cravings. :) We then went to the theater so Jason could finally experience the amazingness that is The Greatest Showman.

Tessa was pretty proud of her boot hands.

My cute Cooper Boy

I hate when my kids aren't feeling well, but I sure do love the extra snuggles!

Silly selfies! (Cooper in front, Bennett in back)

Tessa picked up this shrug recently and it is the cutest thing ever.

Tessa thoroughly enjoyed her Fun Dip that came in a valentine package from G&G Webre.

Bennett didn't get nearly as messy but still managed to get green teeth and tongue.

We haven't seen much snow this year, so when Tessa woke up to snow one morning she declared "Mom! It's 'nowing! Grandma [Williams] gave me 'now!"
(They have been receiving a lot of snow in Chicago recently and my mom was showing the kids while she was here.)

"Mom, do I fit?" Um... no. 
Shortly after this picture was taken the bottom gave out. Luckily it was a pretty easy fix.

I have been nesting like crazy lately and apparently it has rubbed off on my kids. Whenever I pull out the Lysol wipes they all ask what they can clean. I gladly put them to work.

Bennett was amazed that without all the dust on the TV stand he could see that it wasn't just black, but had hints of brown mixed in as well.

Cooper decided that the shop-vac needed a wipe down as well. It WAS super dusty. He even said he needed two extra helpers. Since Bennett was upstairs dusting he ended up only having one helper. But they did get the job done.

Cooper scrubbing the door.

Bennett helping me dust the closet doors.

The weekend after my mom left we headed up to Brigham City. On our drive up there, the freeway signs kept warning us about winter weather coming so we should plan our travels accordingly. I laughed because it was a beautiful clear blue sky and felt like spring. I thought they were crazy. Shortly after arriving in Brigham the clouds rolled in and it started snowing. It didn't stop snowing until the next day. Apparently they were not kidding. It was BEAUTIFUL! Unfortunately I didn't even bring the kids' winter jackets so they didn't get to play in the snow while we were there. But we DID enjoy the gorgeous scenery in the comfort of the house. By the time we were heading home, the roads were clear and dry and we could just enjoy the snow with proper gear at home.

Playing games with Grandma Webre. She is so patient and good at simplifying the games so the kids can understand.

Tessa had a little static after jumping on the love sac a few times.

I have been waiting until the toy room was finished before opening this play kitchen that Tessa received from G&G Damstra for Christmas. After two months of her asking I couldn't wait any longer and decided to just put it together. The packaging called this a "jumbo kitchen" but I am not convinced. Had I known how tiny it was, I would have put it together months ago. Haha. The kids have still enjoyed playing with it quite a bit.

Bennett and his dried-on smoothie mustache.

Oh the joys of an overly dramatic two year old girl. Every thing offends her and she is often found stomping of declaring she is "never going to _____ ever again!"

This series of pictures show how easy it is for her to turn it on and off. They were taken within a minute of each other.

Pouting in the corner...

....grumpy face...

... all smiles.

Don't believe me? Watch the progression in real-time:

Bennett has finally mastered his "L"s well enough to be able to talk to Alexa. He takes great pride in this and is now trying to teach Cooper how to talk to her as well. They love asking her how to spell random words.

The boys singing their "Months of the Year" song they learned in preschool.

I think Utah has FINALLY caught on that it is winter. We are due for more snow for the next week.

This is Cooper's favorite spot in the house. As soon as the heater kicks on, he makes a beeline for the nearest vent. He is definitely my kid. ;)

Cooper thought he was so funny wearing my boots.

Jason was in the kitchen dishing himself up some left-overs when all of a sudden Tessa walks in and starts scolding him.
"Did Mommy say you can have that??? NO! You can't have that! Mommy is the boss!"

I promptly give Jason permission to eat the left-overs but Tessa wasn't having it. So I decided to pull out my phone and record the conversation.

Game night at the church! Like I have said before, our ward members are awesome at coming up with fun activities and making sure everyone is invited.

The kids got some bath color tablets for Christmas and so now they take turns choosing which color their baths are going to be. I love it because it's not messy, has zero fragrance, and does a great job coloring their bath. It is the only bath coloring product that I like. (I have not been impressed with any bath paint, etc.)

The lighting was so good that I couldn't resist a photo shoot with Tessa. Isn't she adorable?

Just one super hero isn't good enough for the Amazing Tessa Rose. She has to be two!

The boys were downstairs and I was just sitting on my computer while Tessa was playing at my feet by herself. All of a sudden she tips over backwards and just lays there for a little while then informs me that Captain America is dead. It was so random and unexpected that I burst out laughing. She proceeds to die over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment