Thanksgiving Point is doing their lights differently this year and instead of having a kind of tacky drive-thru light display they are switching to a walking light display in Ashton Gardens. I LOVE Christmas lights and have been telling Jason for years about the lights I would visit in Washington growing up and how I missed them. So when I heard that Thanksgiving Point was making the switch, I got super excited! As Thanksgiving Point Members we were able to get in for half off. And since half the lights were out the day we had signed up for (and it was pouring down rain), we were able to pick any other day to go! Which was perfect because we were able to go on a night that was relatively warm and clear. It did not disappoint.
The kids really enjoyed the lights too. Much more than the Festival of Trees. So that was awesome.
Cooper
They even got to meet Vixen before he headed off to the North Pole.
Tessa and Cooper warming up by the fire. (Ok, they just thought it looked cool. Like I said, it wasn't that cold outside and they were in full snow gear.)
Tessa checking out baby Jesus.
They have a really beautiful new garden that depicts scenes from the Savior's life.
I loved that they used candles to light it instead of Christmas lights. The effect was perfect.
Bennett
Since all the water was dried up/frozen, they put blue lights along the stream beds.
Every few minutes they would play a Christmas song with these lights creating pictures to go along with it.
One last family picture before heading home.
I can't wait to go again next year!













No comments:
Post a Comment