Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Washington 2015: The Journey

My aunt Susan asked me a few weeks ago if I wanted to take a road trip with her to Washington to visit my grandma. Of course I said yes. I am very glad I made the trip even though it was really hard with three kids under the age of three WITHOUT Jason. Luckily I had a lot of people willing to help with the kids. Susan and Lily were special lifesavers.

Loading up the van

All loaded up and ready for a great adventure. Cooper and Tessa are in the middle seats, Bennett sat in the back with Lily and Audrey.

Coloring during the drive.

On the road

 We stopped for the night in Baker City, Oregon. It is the halfway mark on the journey. There was a restaurant that had a toy train traveling throughout the building while you ate. The boys thought it was awesome! 

Bennett thought the mac and cheese was so delicious he was double-fisting it.

Cooper watching for the train.

Enjoying our meal

See the train?

There was also a cool scene in the front of the restaurant that the train traveled through.

Our motel room the first night. I had no idea that there were even rooms available with three queens. But we were able to find one both on the way there and back so apparently they are more common than I thought.

The sleep set up

The next day we stopped at a park in Yakima to get some wiggles out.

Tessa
 Bennett and Cooper with Lily

Tessa checking out grass for the first time. She thought it was a fun texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment