Monday, July 4, 2016

Independence Day 2016

This year we opted for fairly low-key for the 4th of July. But don't you think we didn't get a million pictures of our three little cuties anyway!


Jason is teaching the boys about baseball. Here is an action shot of Cooper right after he hit the ball.

Bennett was the only child that was willing to pose with the flag for me.

The boys are getting the hang of pedaling their bikes now that their little legs are finally long enough.
(Cooper riding)

Jason is a master at getting the kids to look and smile at the same time.
(Bennett left, Cooper right)


After having a casual morning at the house we decided to check out some of the holiday festivities in Orem. They were having a Colonial Era event as well as a WWII reenactment that we thought we would check out. The boys were not too interested in much of the exhibits but they did enjoy being able to shoot one of the huge guns.

Cooper

Bennett
This was the best shot I got because Jason was too busy helping him to realize I was trying to get a picture.

Tessa stopped running around for a minute to listen to some singers.

Most of the time was spent on the playground.

But as you can tell from their red faces, it was REALLY hot.
(For the record, Bennett asked to share a swing with Tessa instead of sit on any of the three empty ones.)

Trying to keep cool in the shade.

Any time I ask the boys to put their arms around each other, it always turns into a wrestling match.
(Bennett left, Cooper right)

Cooper running through the flags that lined the walking path.

I realized later that I have really awkward pooch in this picture, but I still love my boys so I am posting it.

We came home and had an all-American meal: hamburgers, hotdogs, and corn on the cob.

Cooper

Bennett

And then Jason introduced the boys to Pop-Its. As you can tell, he was really excited about it.

The boys quickly became fans. (Bennett pictured)

Back to more bike practice (Bennett again)

After tucking the kids into bed, Jason and I climbed onto the roof to enjoy* other people spending their money and lighting off fireworks for us.
*Jason enjoyed, I was stressed the whole time that I was going to roll off the roof and die. Apparently in certain instances I am afraid of heights.

(Disclaimer: I stole this picture off the internet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment