Saturday, July 23, 2016

Porterfield Wedding:Prep Work

Mike and Crystal are married! 

I hadn't met Mike until I flew down for the wedding but I am already a big fan. They are so great together and I think he compliments Crystal's personalty really well. I give him a big thumbs up. Here is their wedding summed up from my perspective:

The night before the wedding Tessa and I went up to check out the venue with Dad and Imy.

Tessa quickly discovered this cat and started barking at it. I realized she had never seen a cat in person before so she thought it was a dog. I explained that it was a cat and that a cat said "meow".  She caught on quickly.

She was brave and reached out to touch it. Luckily this cat is very good with children.

Imy and Tessa trying out the dance floor.

Playing checkers at the yard game section

While I was setting up the Jenga tower, Tessa found the dice and decided she wanted to help me. I had to convince her to build her own tower.

Tessa loves playing ghost and I think she loved the fact that this fabric was see-through. She played with my dad for quite some time.

My lovely sisters late the night before Crystal's big day.

One of Crystal's friends embroidered this shirt for her to wear while she got her hair done. The cuffs say the date and "I do" with initials in the front pocket. The back says "bride".

Crystal tasked us with cutting out and folding these cards late at night. So after we were done we thought it would be a hilarious prank to fold just the top one the wrong direction and stress out the already stressed out bride even more. She didn't fall for it, but due to the late hour we still thought we were pretty funny.
*There is a high probability that she heard us planning the whole thing from the other room and thought we were ridiculous from the beginning*

Sarah was in charge of Kaylee's hair for the wedding. She was understandably nervous since she was doing the hair of the daughter of the bride who is also a hairdresser. Luckily Crystal gave her detailed instructions and I think it turned out beautifully.

Jaxon was adorable because he dressed himself including his vest and suit coat and then handed me his suspenders to put on. I told him he would have to take off the coat and vest first. He then said "Oh, is that how it works?" Such a cutie. Grandpa came to his rescue and helped get him properly dressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment