Friday, July 21, 2017

Ashton Gardens

I went to Costco yesterday and bought some bunny crackers and the boys immediately wanted to eat them. I told them they were for picnics, so this morning Cooper requested that we go to "the flowers" and have a picnic.  I knew he had an ulterior motive, but it sounded like a good idea anyway so we went. As I was packing lunches they reminded me about a hundred times to not forget the bunny crackers. Haha.

It was a beautiful and HOT day. But in the shade it wasn't too bad. So we searched out all the best shady spots.

Tessa petting the flowers.

Cooper: "Can I touch it?"

The first shady spot we found we spread out the blanket and ate our lunch.

Cooper

Tessa modeling her bread crust.

Bennett



C: "Mom, can you get a video of me?"

Tessa attacking her Gogurt.

And finally the reason for the whole trip: The chocolate bunnies!

I loved all the flowers everywhere. I was rather impressed since it has been SO HOT lately, I didn't expect too many flowers would survive. I guess the gardeners know what they are doing. ;)


Tessa Rose smelling the roses.


These fish are nuts. The kids love them.


Super exciting storm drain. I had to convince them to move along. At least it was in the shade.

They really wanted to see the Jesus statues, but it was too hot in the sun, so we visited the First Vision and called it good.

Cooper immediately gave Joseph Smith a big hug. 
"I love his eyes and nose and shirt and hands and ALL of him!"

We talked a little about why Joseph Smith was so important and why Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ came to visit him.

I brought a water bottle to spray us down when it got too hot. I am not going to the gardens in the summer without it now. It was GREAT.



Tessa loved it.



On our way out Tessa saw this hill and immediately asked if she could roll down it. Of course I let her.


Bennett was good at avoiding the camera this time around so I finally cornered him and asked if he would stand by some flowers. Definitely a forced smile, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment